Spring Garden Mill
The Spring Garden Mill and the Miller's House (the home next to the Mill) were constructed in 1819, when five acres were sold to a mason who saw the opportunity to power his mill from the waters of the Neshaminy Creek. In 1836, the Mill was advertised: "For rent: Valuable mill consisting of a Grist, Plaster, and Saw-mill with four run of stone, a full supply of water, a store house, a good dwelling and other outbuildings."
In 1867, the Mill burned in a fire that left the building an empty stone shell. It remained that way until 1878, when a new mill interior was built inside the old walls. The front porch was added, and a layer of stucco was applied. By the 1920's, George Tyler had acquired the mill and used it as a gas station in addition to a grain mill.
The Spring Garden Mill has been recognized for its contributions to the surrounding counties as a vital agri-business, and a center of community life for the past 150 years.
Although the building has been converted into a theatre, the original architecture has not been altered. The building remains an important example of a grist mill from the early 1800's.